Year two of Citizen Curators is now beginning and we are looking for a team of volunteers (we have 5 places) to help us develop ideas and content for the museum. We are looking for volunteers who are keen to learn and want to add information to our collection documentation, displays and online. Details are below and to register any interest please email Annette at Director@museumofcornishlife.co.uk.
Free Course October 2019 – April 2020
- Introduction to museums and curatorial skills
- Hands-on with historic collections
- Learn how to create great museum and digital experiences
- No experience or qualifications needed, Just bring your curiosity
- Shape and influence the Cornish National Collection
- Research and share untold and under-represented stories of Cornwall
- Champion the identity and diversity of Cornish society past and present
- Monthly day classes, optional training, field trips and events
Citizen Curators is a free work-based training programme in museum awareness and modern curatorial practice aimed at volunteers from our community. The programme is provided by Cornwall Museums Partnership in collaboration with seven museums. It is funded for three years by the Museums Association’s Esmée Fairbairn Collections Fund. The Programme Leader is Dr. Tehmina Goskar, Curator & Director of the Curatorial Research Centre. Successful candidates who complete the programme will receive a certificate endorsing their accomplishment.